Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Orthopaedic Physiotherapy is the oldest branch of physiotherapy and is oriented towards the treatment of Musculo – Skeletal ailments. It involves regaining appropriate health and function of structures surrounding the Joint regions and normalizing the Biomechanics following any injury or Orthopaedic disease. The rehabilitation of Orthopaedically disabled individuals is also a major area of function.
The role of a Orthopaedic Physiotherapy specialist are:
- Impaired posture
- Impaired Muscle function
- Impaired Joint Mobility
- Motor function
- Muscle performance
- Range of motion associated with
- Connective tissue dysfunctions
- Localized inflammation, such as in Muscle Pain, Strain, and Muscle Tear
- Primary prevention /Risk reduction
- For skeletal demineralisation including:
Joint stiffness Fractures Ligament strain, sprain, tear Inability to walk Inflammation of tendons and bursa Joint pain , poor posture Joint inflammation in case of osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis
Areas of Orthopaedic Physiotherapist to workEdit
The area of practice is very promising. Specialised Physiotherapy forms the mainstay of conservative care for almost all orthopaedic conditions and it is essentially required following all the major orthopaedic surgeries. the specialists placement could be as a
- Consultant: Rendering professional or expert opinion. It could be patient related consultation at the request of the patients or other practitioners or it can be client related consultations provided at the request of individuals, business,schools, government or other agencies.
- Education : He/She can engage in educational activities in hospitals an Consultant Physiotherapist, in volleges as Lecturer, Asst. prof., Assoc. Prof., or Professor
- Speciality care clinics e.g - Spine clinic.
- A Private Clinic set up. Independent practice set ups are always possible
NEXT TIME YOU EDIT THIS ADD REFRENCES SO WE CAN USE THEM FOR COLLEGE ASSIGNMENT